For instance, I like to look at my previously painted models to compare how I used to paint them and how I would do it today. The bad thing is that I usually instantly want to repaint all of them. One of break-through points that made me thing about re-painting models was the addition of an airbrush. It completely changed the way I paint German armor.
I decided to re-paint one by one ale the models I really liked. I will try to report you about the progress, so you can assess whether some progress in painting technique was made ;)
I started with the first model I have ever painted - the mighty Tiger 1E. When I was painting it in February 2011 I tried to use all the techniques I could find in web (e.g., pin wash, pigments). I was quite happy with the results then, but I quickly realized how many mistakes I made while painting ;)
This time I tried to make it better :) First I had to strip the paint from the model. It was really painful job - next time I think I'm going to seriously consider buying a new one ;)
The photo you see below has now some historical value ;) It is the Tiger as it looked before and after finishing re-painting.
|The Tiger before re-painting (painted in February 2011)|
|The same Tiger in action|