Wednesday, July 23, 2014

4Ground: 15mm Terrace Type1

As our Lenino to Berlin campaign proceeds into urban area of Eastern Poland, we needed to quickly collect some new terrain features (mainly buildings) for our 15mm urban table.

Neither me nor Kondziu has enough time to paint buildings nowadays, so we started to intensively looking for some pre-painted and reasonably priced buildings. Initially, I was thinking about resin models, however, once I saw laser-cut stuff from 4Ground I knew it would be our choice. At this point of the review I have to place a disclaimer - I wasn't paid and I didn't receive anything from 4Ground, dot. Just in case you may think it is an advertisement ;)

To pimp our table in one shot, we decided to buy couple of sets from 4Ground, I will review them in the forthcoming posts:
The models belong to the Europe at War series. As you see our order was quite impressive ;) I have to praise 4Ground for the service. They sent the parcel via UPS! We got it within a week of time.

I have to admit that once we received the shipment two things came to my mind - the first one - ooh man, the buildings are more beautiful than I thought, uuuuh I thought they will have less parts to glue.

I started assembly from the 15mm Terrace Type 1 model. I have to admit that I hadn't had so much fun with modeling since my early childhood, when I assembled many paper models of ships.

The design of the model is incredible. Each convex element is made from a separate part. As you can imagine, this makes a huge number of parts altogether. Fortunately, they fit each other perfectly (OK, almost perfectly in one case). It won't take you more than hour or two to assemble the set.

The building consists of three sub-buildings in one line. Let's follow the assembly of the buildings. I think it will give the idea of how nice they are ;)

First of all, the assembly guide is very good - it shows the process step by step.

It's time to build the ground floor and the passage.

The walls are made from two layers. The inner one has windows, doors, etc.

The outer layer has texture and details.

The assembly of the first floor is similar.

The upper floor consists of the base and three parts of the roof. The piece on the right was the only one that didn't fit very well to the roof piece.

It's almost ready...

Finally, windowsills and jambs.

This is it. Isn't it beautiful?



No comments:

Post a Comment